Automated Guided Vehicles
AGV, Automatic Guided Vehicles or automated guided vehicles systems allow the automated movement of material handling for manufacturing, distribution and warehousing industries. Ellis Systems defines the best, most efficient way of designing, supplying and installing your new automated guided vehicle or automated guided vehicle system that provides improved productivity and a quick return on your investment.
Automated material handling systems can boost business by speeding up processes, recapturing hidden floor space, and reducing errors. They may be integrated into your current processes as little or as much as you want. You might need to automate a single task that is repeated continuously or decide to fully automate the entire material handling process. Many choose to ease into the process a few steps at a time. The list below can help you determine if AGV’s are right for your operations.
When to consider AGV’s:
- When non-value added material movement takes place
- Where consistent, stable loads need to be transported over long distances
- In process automation applications
- In applications requiring steady, continuous throughput
- When transporting & sorting loads for dispatch
- As a reliable interface to ASRS
- When it can improve the safety of the work environment
- When labor costs and turnover are high
- When manual forklifts are causing repeated facility or equipment damage
- Where shipping accuracy needs improved
- Improves inventory accuracy, productivity, safety & cost control
- Reduces labor costs
- Reliable & consistent point-to-point movement
- Eliminates product or structure damage
- Able to work 24/7
- Reduces equipment maintenance costs – as controlled operation minimizes wear on vehicle components
- Improves accountability – movement of AGV’s are constantly tracked
View the Most Common Types of Automated Guided Vehicles:
AGV tuggers by Dematic Egemin offer the most flexibility in the movement of materials by pulling…or tugging… one or multiple carts either manually or automatically. Use AGV tuggers to transport materials within the warehouse or manufacturing environment integrated into a MES or ERP system. All AGV tuggers come with:
• SICK laser bumper safety system
• Uses off the shelf components
• Easy to use & read touchscreen
• Electric steering
• RF Ethernet
Get more information on AGV Tuggers.
AGV Forklift & Narrow Aisle
AGV forklifts by Dematic Egemin do all of the work of a forklift both on and off the guided path. AGV forklifts are used to transport pallets, crates and all other goods from one location to another automatically, and if you need to make an infrequent load pickup with the AGV forklift, simply drive the forklift off the guided path, pick up the load and bring it back to the guided path for continuous movement and delivery.
Automated guided forklifts are offered in these various types:
AGV unitloaders bring connectivity to stationary production lines. An AGV unitloader works from warehouse to production, workstation to production or workstation to workstation… carrying one or multiple loads at a time, interacting with a conveyor or finished goods at the end of a production line.
AGV unitloaders come in various transfer equipment types:
• Roller, chain and belt conveyors
• Lift platforms
• Shuttle systems